EXANDAS is a research European project which aims to apply emerging and cutting edge technologies in the field of Natural Products in order to fully and efficiently exploit the wastes and by-products produced during the processing of economically important aromatic/medicinal plants. The cornerstone of EXANDAS project is the development of novel processes based on eco-friendly technologies for the efficient extraction, purification and transformation of active ingredients, as well as the complete chemical characterization and biological evaluation of produced extracts and pure compounds that can be commercially exploited. Optimization and scaling up of these procedures, as well as formulation using emerging technologies will lead to the development of novel final products. The consortium consists of six academic and six SMEs partners, which under the coordination of Dr. Nektarios Aligiannis, University of Athens, will join forces and exchange know-how through an extended secondments scheme to advance Research & Innovation.
News & Events
List of conferences and exhibitions:
1) 2nd International Congress of Greek Local Chapter of CRS, (Controlled Release Society), From Medicinal Chemistry-Natural Products to Pharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics, 22-24 June 2016 Aegli Zappiou, Athens, Greece
2) 5éme edition École Recherche, Biodiversité, Biotechnologies & Substances Naturelles, 11-13 avril 2017, Université Ibn Zohr, Faculté des Sciences Centre de Recherche, Agadir, Morocco
3) 1st Hellenic Chinese congress on Health, Eugenides Foundation, 11-14 May 2017, Athens
4) 5th International Phytocosmetics & Phytotherapy Congress, University of Patras, 15-17 May 2017
5) The 3rd International conference on new horizons in basic and applied sciences, 5-7 August 2017, Hurghada, Egypt
6) 3rd International Conference on Natural Products Utilization, ICNPU 2017, 18-21 October 2017, Bansko Bulgaria.
7) 6ème édition de l’Ecole Internationale de Recherche in Biodiversité des PAM, Biotechnologies, Produits de terroirs et Valorisation des Substances Naturelles. Faculté des Sciences, Université Ibn Zohr, Agadir, Morroco
(19-21 April 2018).
Presented a conference : « Les Techniques innovantes au soutien de la valorization des plantes Aromatiques et Médicinales »
8) Rencontre nationale sur les PLANTES MEDICINALES, 22-23 January 2018, Oran (ALGERIA): Presented the research findings and input of our team related to medicinal plants and specifically research work under EXANDAS secondement.
9) "Salon National des Produits de la Recherche » 18-23 May 2017 :
10) Générale de la Recherche Scientifique et Technologique (DGRSDT) at two workshop events :
- LA PREMIÉRE RENCONTRE DU RÉSEAU ALGÉRIEN DÉDIÉ À LA PROMOTION DU PROGRAMME H2020 EN ALGÉRIE (27 APRIL 2017) (PDF FILE OF PROJECT’S OUTLINE EXIST IN IN THE WEBSITE), http://www.h2020.dz/?fc=evennement27
- RENCONTRE de Participants dans des Projets Européens (Juillet 2016) :
11) Natural Products in Health, Agro-Food and Cosmetics, Polytech Lille, Villeneuve d’Ascq, France, Wednesday 28 June – Saturday 1 July 2017, http://www.psemeetinglille2017.com
12) VITAFOOD Europe 2017
13) VITAFOOD ASIA 2017
1. GA –newsletter - pdf
2. 2nd International Congress of Greek Local Chapter of CRS (Controlled Release Society) - From Medicinal Chemistry - Natural Products to Pharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics
22-24 June 2016 Aegli Zappiou, Athens, Greece - Poster in pdf
1. EXANDAS 1st Workshop - Exploitation of Mediterranean Medicinal and Aromatic Plants: Past, Present & Future -
22 September, 2017, "Athens University Museum", Tholou str. 5, Plaka - Athens, 10556 - pdf
2. KICK OFF MEETING
On 31st of March, 2016, the kick-off meeting of EXANDAS project took place at “Kostis Palamas” building of University of Athens.